Users of Easy Diet Diary (our free mobile app for Android and iOS) can send their diary to you to open and analyse in FoodWorks Professional. When a client chooses to share their diary with you, you receive a link to download their diary in an email we send to you on behalf of your client. You can open their diary in FoodWorks straight away, or you can save the file for use later.
To open a diary from Easy Diet Diary in FoodWorks Professional:
- Locate the email sent by us on behalf of your client and click the "Open in FoodWorks" button.
- Depending on the settings of your web browser, the Easy Diet Diary file will either be automatically downloaded (usually in the Downloads folder), or you will be prompted to save the file to a suitable location.
- To open the diary in FoodWorks, double-click the downloaded file.
- By default, the diary is automatically imported into the database EasyDietDiary.fwb in the documents folder.
For more information on importing diaries, such as changing the destination database, see page 73 of our FoodWorks Professional introductory guide. You can download the guide here.
- Recipes: Recipes from the diary are imported as 'inline' recipes, that is, the name of the recipe is shown in blue with ingredients listed in the rows below. The quantities of the ingredients are shown for the whole recipe; the portion eaten is shown as a percentage of the whole recipe.
- Exercise: Exercise activity from the diary is shown at the bottom of the list of foods for each day in the Note column.
- Personal details: Your client's details from Easy Diet Diary such as age, current weight and height are shown in the General tab.
About Easy Diet Diary
- For more information on how an Easy Diet Diary user can send their diary to you see the Easy Diet Diary support site.
- For more information on the app Easy Diet Diary, see Easy Diet Diary on the Apple iTunes store or Google Play Store.