Every recipe, ingredient, food, diet record or meal plan that is created in FoodWorks is a FoodWorks document. The types of documents (or document templates) available to you are listed in the drop-down menu when you click the New button on the FoodWorks toolbar. The documents available depend on the type of database that you have open.
If you are using a database for dietary analysis, by default you can create and analyse these types of document:
- Food Record - Use to enter a subject's dietary intake recorded over one or more days
- 24-Hour Recall - Use for the subject's recall of their dietary intake over a 24-hour period
- Recipe - Use for creating recipes with ingredients and methods
- Food - Use to add a new food to the database
- Meal Plan - Use for creating an individualised meal plan
You organise your documents into FoodWorks folders. The name of the document and its folder are displayed in the title bar of the open document.
Advanced users can create and modify document types by modifying the document templates on which they are based. For example, you could create a menu template or a food frequency template, based on the templates available for a dietary analysis database.
By contrast to documents, reference foods from data sources are not documents and cannot be opened.
- For more on types of FoodWorks databases, see What is a database?