To use Nutrient Reference Values (NRVs) for an individual or group:
- Click the General tab (in a diet document such as a food record or 24 hour recall).
- Type in the individuals personal details eg. Age, Gender, Physical Activity Level (PAL) etc.
- For help with selecting the PAL click the ... (ellipsis).
- For definitions of Nutrient Reference Values and related terms, see the Nutrition Glossary.
- For further help on choosing a suitable Physical Activity Level, see Physical Activity Levels Explained.
- To view comparisons with the NRVs including RDIs, see How do I select an analysis?
- Once you have entered these details, FoodWorks calculates the activity factor, estimated energy requirement (EER), body mass index (BMI) and basal metabolic rate (BMR). These are displayed at the bottom of the General tab. See the Nutrition Glossary.
- If you do not want to view NRVs or Estimated Energy Requirements (EER) you do not need to enter these details.
- A diet is a FoodWorks document such as a 24 hour recall or food record. The types of documents available to you depend on the type of FoodWorks database that you have open.