All the documents you create with FoodWorks are based on FoodWorks templates. Each new document you create derives certain attributes from the template on which it is based, including:
- the columns visible in the foods or ingredients grid
- the names of these columns
- the tabs visible in the document
- the names of these tabs
A document template is a special kind of FoodWorks document. Standard document templates are included with FoodWorks. When you click New on the toolbar, the names of the available document templates are shown.
Templates are stored in the Templates folder of your FoodWorks database. You can add templates, or rename, delete and modify existing ones. When you modify a template, the changes are automatically applied to all the documents based on it. See Overview - Modifying a template.
Note that working with templates is an advanced use. Changing a template can change documents based on that template:
- Any changes you make to document tab (hiding, showing or renaming the tab) changes all documents, including existing documents, based on this template.
- Any changes you make to columns in the foods or ingredients grid (hiding, showing or renaming the column) only affect all future documents based on this template. Existing documents are not changed.
- If the Templates folder is not shown in the All Folders box, point to the All Folders box, right-click, then select Show Templates Folder.
- For more information on documents, see What is a document?