To select an analysis for a document to display in the Analysis Pane:
- At the top of the Analysis Pane, click the tab for the unit of analysis:
- For foods and recipes, the units by default are per 100g, MJ, or Total.
- For diets (food records, 24 hour recalls and meal plans), the units are: per MJ or Avg/Day.
- Then, in the list of analyses, click the analysis you require (e.g. All Components):
- If the Analysis Pane is wide, the analyses are listed down the left of the pane.
- If the Analysis Pane is narrow, the analyses are in a drop-down menu. To show the list of analyses, at the top of the Analysis Pane, underneath the tabs, click the down arrow.
- The list of analyses varies depending on the type of document you have open. For example, for a food, Nutrient Reference Values (NRVs) analyses are not relevant and therefore not shown.
- For a recipe or food that is a liquid: To show the analysis per 100mL, on the Measures tab for the document, select the Liquid check box. You also need to set the volume: on the Measures tab, select the Liquid check box and enter the Volume values.
- For a recipe: To show the analysis per serve for a recipe, enter the serve information - see How do I set the serves for my recipe? .
- If the Analysis Pane is not visible, on the View menu, click Analysis.
- If the Analysis Pane is narrow, you can step through the analyses, click the <Analysis type> button at the top of the Analysis Pane.
For Nutrient Reference Values (NRVs) to be shown for a diet document such as a food record, you need to first set the personal details. The available NRV analyses are:
- EER - Estimated Energy Requirements
- EAR - Estimated Average Requirements
- AI - Adequate Intake
- UL - Upper Limit
- SDT - Suggested Dietary Targets
- RDI - Recommended Daily Intake
Food Group Analyses
Select the Food Groups analysis from the list of analyses.
Food groups are available for foods that are selected from data sources (food composition data) that support food groups.
Note that composite recipes and composite foods, where possible, are allocated to the food groups according to their ingredients.
For more information on food groups in FoodWorks, see the FoodWorks support site.