To create a new database:
- On the toolbar, click New, then click FoodWorks Database File.
- Click the type of database that you want to create, then click OK. (For help in choosing the type of database to use, click the type of database in the list on the left. A description is shown on the right).
- Select the folder in which you want to store the new database.
- In the File name box, type the name for the new database, then click Save.
- The type of database you choose depends on factors like the work you are doing and your region.
- To configure your database after creating it, on the File menu, click Database Properties. See Overview - Setting database properties.
- For more information on databases, see What is a database?