To choose the datasources (food selections) from which you want to select foods:
- On the File menu, click Database Properties.
- Click the Food Selections tab.
- To select the document templates for which you want to set the food selections: Click the Change button, then select the checkboxes for the templates.
- To set the food selections for those document templates, select the check boxes for the data sources.
- Click Apply; or to apply the changes and close the dialog, click OK.
- By default, appropriate datasources are selected when for the type of database (database template) you have created.
- Different data sources have different nutrient data available. If you change the datasources, then the nutrient data in the data sources might not match the nutrients enabled for this database. To fix this, click the Nutrients & Components tab, then for Show Components, select 'found in one or more of the datasources' and click OK.
- For help in choosing datasources, click on each data source - a description is displayed on the right. Note that the nutrients available in the data source are listed in the description.
- The Food Selections tab controls the list of foods displayed when you are selecting foods or ingredients in the Foods or Ingredients tab of a document.
- In the Foods or Ingredients grid of a document, when you select a food from the drop-down list box, its datasource is displayed in the bottom border.
- You can select or deselect datasources at any time. Changing the datasources has no effect on documents that you have previously created. (For any food that you have previously selected, FoodWorks uses the nutrient data from the datasource for that food even if this datasource is no longer selected.)
- If the datasource that you want to use is not shown, please get in contact with us.
- For more information on datasources, see What is a datasource?