Users of Easy Diet Diary (our mobile app for Android and iPhone) can send their diary to you to open and analyse in FoodWorks. You receive their diary as an attachment to an email they send you.
To open a diary from Easy Diet Diary in FoodWorks:
- In the email sent by your client, locate the Easy Diet Diary attachment.
- Download and/or save the attachment onto your computer.
NOTE: If the file extension of the saved file is .TXT, then rename it so the extension is .fwedd
- Open the file by double-clicking it. The diary will be automatically be opened in FoodWorks.
The diary is automatically imported into the database, EasyDietDiary (file name extension .fwb) in the Windows Documents folder. Alternatively, you can set another database and location as the default for Easy Diet Diary diaries. See How do I change the destination database for diaries from Easy Diet Diary?
You can also import the diary into your currently open FoodWorks database.
To open the diary in the currently open FoodWorks database:
- On the Tools menu, click Import, then Import from Easy Diet Diary
- Navigate to the Easy Diet Diary file
- Click Open
- Recipes: Recipes from the diary are imported as 'inline' recipes, that is, the name of the recipe is shown in blue with ingredients listed in the rows below. The quantities of the ingredients are shown for the whole recipe; the portion eaten is shown as a percentage of the whole recipe.
- Exercise: Exercise activity from the diary is shown at the bottom of the list of foods for each day in the Note column.
- Personal details: Your client's details from Easy Diet Diary such as age, current weight and height are shown in the General tab.
About Easy Diet Diary
- A user of Easy Diet Diary can email their diary to you from within the Easy Diet Diary app. They can choose to send the last 7 days, the last month or the last 3 months.
- For more information on how an Easy Diet Diary user can send their diary to you see the Easy Diet Diary support site.
- When you open a diary in FoodWorks, by default it is imported into the EasyDietDiary database in the Windows Documents folder. To change the location to which diaries are imported, see How do I change the destination database for diaries from Easy Diet Diary?