To add the measures for a recipe or food:
- In the open document, click the Measures tab.
- In the Common Measure column, type the name of the measure, for example, slice.
- In the Weight (g) column, type the corresponding weight (in grams) for this measure, for example, 50.
- Repeat for each measure that you want to define.
- If this recipe or food can be specified by volume, then in the Volume boxes, type the reference volume (in millilitres) and its corresponding weight (in grams).
- If this recipe or food is a liquid, then select the Liquid checkbox.
- When you select the Liquid checkbox, then in the Analysis Pane a per 100mL tab is displayed.
- When you select the Liquid checkbox and enter the Volume values, then volume measures are enabled for this recipe or food.
- You can use the Default Measure box to specify the measure that you want to appear first in the drop-down list when entering this food or recipe into another document.
- To copy the measures defined in another document: click the Copy Measures From button.
- To see where a measure is in use: If this document is used as an ingredient in other documents, you can see where a measure is used - click the measure name in the grid and the documents using it appear on the right.
- The Edible Portion is the percentage weight of the food that is edible.
- The Measures tab could be hidden or have a different name, depending on the document template used. For more information on templates, see What is a document template?