In this pass of entering a diet or meal plan you: ? do we still refer to passes
- Match each food description to a reference food or FoodWorks document from the food selection list. The objective is to get the closest nutritional match.
- Enter the quantity for each food.
To enter foods to match each food description, and their quantities:
- Click in the Food column in the same row as the first food description.
- Press F2 (or the space bar). A list of matching food items is shown in the food selection list.
- Follow the prompts at the bottom of the list box to select the item you require. Use the arrow keys or the mouse to highlight the item. Then press Enter to select the item and insert it into the foods grid.
- In the Quantity column, type the number of units for the measure that you want to use.
- Use the arrow keys to select the measure that you want to use, or type the first few letters of the measure name. Then press Enter.
- Repeat these steps for all the food descriptions.
- If a food eaten is a recipe for which you can specify the ingredients, you can create that recipe from the Foods grid. To create a new document from the grid: In the Foods tab, in the Food column, type new recipe or new food. Type the name of the document, select the required folder, then click OK.
- To find the source of a food or recipe in the food selection list: In the list, highlight the item. The source (a data source or folder) is shown at the bottom of the list.
- To show the food selection list at any time, in the Foods column, press F2.
- In the food selection list, keywords shown at the top of the list guide you through the list of foods to the item of your choice. To find the food you want: Select the keyword, then press Enter (to show foods which match both the words you have typed and the keyword you have selected). Continue until you find the item you require. For more information on keywords, see How do I set options for selecting foods?
- This is an example of a fourth pass for entering a diet while interviewing a subject. When ready, move onto the next pass Final review.