To set advanced properties (such as Country of Origin or Shelf Life) for the label of a recipe:
- Open the recipe.
- On the FoodWorks toolbar, click Label.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Set the properties as described below.
- On the FoodWorks toolbar, click Save.
- Net Weight - Weight of the package contents in grams.
- Shelf Life - A period of days that a product can remain marketable. Used in conjunction with the Date Marking field. See below.
- Date marking - Select either Use By or Best Before (or select the dash - if you do not wish to show a date marking). For the purposes of previewing a date in the Label Window, the Use By/Best Before date is calculated by adding the number of days in Shelf Life to the current day. If you leave the Shelf Life field empty, a question mark is displayed.
- Secondary shelf life - Use for additional shelf life statements e.g. "after opening" statements. This information is not displayed on the label in FoodWorks but can be published using the Publish Labelling Information command.
- Show per Serving column - By default FoodWorks displays the per Serving column as mandated by the food standards code. In some cases you might not wish to display this column, for example, when supplying a raw material to another food company.
Show Serving Size - Shows the serve size on the label. Set the Serve Size on the Ingredients tab of the recipe in the Serve Weight/Number of Serves box.
- Show Servings Per Package - Shows the serves per pack on the label. Set the Serves per pack on the Ingredients tab of the recipe in the Serves/Pack box.