To use the nutrient analysis from another item for the open Recipe, Sub-Recipe or Raw Material:
- In the open document, click the Nutrients & Components or Overrides tab.
- To select the item to base analyses on for all the nutrients, beside the Base analysis on drop-down button, click the ... (ellipsis) button (or click the Base analysis on drop-down button and select Other item).
- If you want to choose a document from your database, select the check box Also show foods/recipes in this database.
- On the right, select the data sources from which you want to choose.
- To search, type the item in the Food box.
- In the results list, click the document or reference food on which you want to base the analyses for the current document.
- Click OK.
- You can use a nutrient analysis from either another document in your database or from a reference food from a data source.
- This feature lets you create a food item using the nutrient values from another very similar food item.
- You can also override any of the values to suit this food. See How do I set the nutrient values for a document?
- A document tab can be hidden or have a different name depending on the document template used. For example, the Nutrients & Components tab might be called Nutrients; or the Notes tab, Remarks. For more information on document templates, see What is a document template?