To enter an ingredient into a Recipe or Sub-Recipe:
- Click the Ingredients tab.
- In the Ingredient column, type part of the food name. A list of matching foods (the food selection list) will be shown if you have entered these foods into your database.
- Follow the prompts at the bottom of the food selection list box to select the item your require. Then press Enter.
- In the Quantity column, type the number of units for the measure that you want to use.
- Use the arrow keys to select the measure that you want to use, or type the first few letters of the measure name. Then press Enter.
- While you are entering foods or recipes into a document, you can create a new one on the fly. In the Ingredient column, type new, then select the type of document. Type the name for the document, select the required folder, then click OK.
- To add a note, type it in the Note column.
- You can rename, show or hide columns in the ingredients grid. See How do I rename a grid column in the Foods or Ingredients grid? and How do I show or hide a grid column in the Foods or Ingredients grid?.
- The actual columns that are visible depend on the document template that you have chosen. For more information, see What is a document template?