To set the properties of Nutrition Information Panels (NIPs) for all labels generated in this database:
- On the FoodWorks toolbar, click Label.
- At the bottom of the Label window, click Label Options.
- In the Options box, click Nutrition Information Panel.
- On the right, set properties as desired. See below for information on these properties.
- Click OK to apply changes and close the dialog OR click Apply to apply changes and continue using the dialog.
- On the FoodWorks toolbar, click Save.
Options for Nutrition Information Panels
You can set the following properties for NIPs:
- Whether to show NIPs.
- Case - Set the case (capitalisation) used.
- Use FSANZ rounding rules - Allows you to choose whether to use the rounding rules required to comply fully with the Food Standards Code. This might not always be appropriate, for example, if this product is a raw material to be used by another food manufacturer.
- Show Calories with kJ - To show Calories (kilocalories) as well as kilojoules in the NIP.
- Show gridlines between nutrients - Allows you to choose whether to show horizontal lines in the NIP.
- Show "less than" for small values - Set whether to include the words "less than" for small values, rather than giving the actual value. The additional option, Use FSANZ minimum values, controls whether to use the minimums permitted in the Food Standards Code or not.
- Round very small values to 0 - Whether to round very small values to 0 if less than 0.001.
- For vitamins ignore missing values - If one or more of the ingredients does not have a value for a vitamin shown in the NIP, still show the value of the vitamin for the recipe without a question mark.
- These settings apply to all the labels in this database rather than per document.