To set retention factors for the ingredients in a recipe:
- Click the Ingredients tab.
- In the Ingredients grid, click the ingredient for which you want to set retention factors.
- Right-click, then click Set Retention Factors.
- Click the down arrow, then from the drop-down list, click the best match for this ingredient.
- In the box below, click the method of preparation that corresponds to that ingredient.
- Click Next to move to the next ingredient as required.
- Retention factors provide a means to fine-tune the analyses of a recipe to take account of preparation. Retention factors are applied on an ingredient-by-ingredient basis. The nutrient contribution of each ingredient is adjusted by the individual factors for each nutrient.