Caution: This command is not reversible.
Please back up your database before beginning (on the Tools menu, choose Backup Database).
To create a FoodWorks document from each reference food used as an ingredient or food in your FoodWorks database:
- On the File menu, click Database Properties.
- Click the Local Copies tab.
- To select an existing FoodWorks folder for storing the new documents, click the Create in folder button, then click the folder name.
- OR to create a new folder, click the ... (ellipsis) button, type the name, then click OK.
- Click the Base On Template button, the click the document template.
- Click the button Create local copies now...
- To automatically create a local copy (that is a FoodWorks document) each time you select a reference food as an ingredient or food: On the Local Copies tab, select the check box Automatically create local copies of foods when selected from a data source.
- Converting the reference foods used in your database gives you much more control over your data. While reference foods are not modifiable by you, once you convert them to FoodWorks documents, the contents of each document is editable by you. You can then, for example, can override nutrient values, set your own declaration names, and add allergen data.