Below are additional data sources available for current FoodWorks 10 Maintenance & Support Plan (MSP) and Subscription customers.
To install these data sources:
- Download the file to the computer on which FoodWorks is installed.
- Double click on the downloaded file to open and install it.
To check the file has been installed:
- Open FoodWorks.
- Click File and select Database Properties from the drop-down list.
- In the Database Properties window, select the Food Selections tab.
- You should be able to see the data source here. To use the data source, tick the check box next to it.
This installation process must be performed on each computer FoodWorks is installed.
- If your FoodWorks license is deployed via a network installation, please get in touch with your IT department to enable deployment of this datasource to all computers running FoodWorks within the network. If you are unsure about your FoodWorks deployment method, please get in touch with your IT department to discuss.
- Usually it does not require administrator privileges to complete; however, if you do not have adequate permissions to complete the installation, you will need an administrator to do it for you.
- You need to have a standard installation of FoodWorks for the above process to work. If you experience difficulties, please contact us.
Children's Hospital Foods for Special Medical Purposes 2020 Data Source
This data source includes formula and Foods for Special Medical Purposes (FSMP) for infants and children. Products from the following manufacturers are included in the data source – Nestle Health Science, Nutricia, Abbott, Fresenius Kabi, Aspen Pharmacare, Cortex Health, Bayer, Blackmores, Nature’s Way, Heinz, Orphama, Swisse, My Life Bio, Platypus Foods and others.
This data source was made available on 10 August 2020. It was last updated on 8 March 2021.
New Zealand FOODfiles 2018 Data Source
This data source provides the data made available in the 2018 release of the New Zealand FOODfiles Food Composition Tables. Including the newly added nutrients Added Sugars, Free Sugars and Vitamin A - Retinol Activity Equivalents. When you install this data source it will replace the FOODfiles 2018 data source.
This data source was made available on 10 August 2020. It was last updated on 1 March 2021.
This data source has been updated to include Betaine and Choline values in the nutrient database, provided by University of Wollongong. When you install this data source it will replace the AUSNUT 2013 data source.
CHOLINE AND BETAINE
Values for choline and betaine for AUSNUT 2011-13 have been provided by the University of Wollongong. Full details are available in the following article. When using the data, cite this article:
Probst Y, Guan V, Neale E. 2019. Development of a Choline Database to Estimate Australian Population Intakes. Nutrients. 11: 4, 913.
This data source was made available on 6 June 2023. It was last updated on 6 June 2023.