To set the method for calculating the energy requirement for an individual or a group:
- Click the General tab.
- From the Calculate Energy Requirement using box, select the method.
- If you choose Calculate from RMR measurement, in the RMR (kJ) box, type the number of kJ per day.
- The RMR (kJ) box appears when you select Calculate from RMR measurement from the Calculate Energy Requirement using box.
- To enable energy calculations you also need to enter the individuals personal details under the General tab. See How do I calculate Nutrient Reference Values (NRVs) in FoodWorks?
- The resting metabolic rate (RMR) is a value obtained for an individual using indirect calorimetry.