To select the nutrients and components that you want enabled for this database:
- On the File menu, click Database Properties.
- Click the Nutrients & Components tab.
- Set Show Components to all nutrients available in FoodWorks.
- Select or deselect the checkboxes as required for the nutrients and components that you want to use.
- Click OK to apply the changes and close the dialog.
Click Apply to apply changes and continue using the dialog.
Different data sources supply data for different sets of nutrients. If you enable a nutrient for which no data is available in your selected data sources, then question marks ? will be displayed in analyses of documents you create from this point.
To see the nutrients and components available in a particular data source, see How do I view the nutrients available for a data source?
- You can use this feature to enable nutrients for which you can supply the data, when the data is not available in the selected data sources.
- The set of nutrients and components that are pre-selected by FoodWorks depends on the type of database that you have created.
- By default, Show Components is set to found in one or more selected data sources. This setting shows the nutrients and components for which there is data in at least one of the selected data sources.
- An asterisk (*) in front of the name of a nutrient or component (e.g. *Lead) means that this nutrient has previously been selected but would otherwise not be visible based on the Show Components setting.
- To go straight to a particular group of nutrients or components, in the Category box on the left, click a category e.g. Vitamins.
- To display the definition of a nutrient, in the Nutrients & Components list, click the nutrient. The definition is displayed on the right.