To show or hide the Query view of the FoodWorks window:
- On the toolbar, click Query.
- To hide the Query view and to return to the usual FoodWorks window, click Query again.
The Query view has three panes:
- On the left, the Search pane, where you define where to search.
- in the middle pane, where search results are listed (initially this pane lists all the items from the selected data sources).
- On the right, the Analysis Pane (which is the same as in the usual FoodWorks view), showing results for the food highlighted in the results.
By default, only two panes - the Navigation Pane and open document - are shown. To make sure all three panes are displayed, on the View menu, ensure that Navigation Pane and Analysis Pane are ticked.
- The Query view lets you explore your all your licensed data sources and your FoodWorks database. You can search for reference foods and FoodWorks documents, and display their nutrient composition. You can also rank the results based on a specific nutrient or component.