Here are the steps for migrating FoodWorks from one computer to another.
If the FoodWorks database(s) you use are not on a shared network drive you will need to copy the database(s) to a suitable location accessible from the new computer.
A. Copy your FoodWorks database(s) to a new location:
- Find the FoodWorks database(s) that you are accessing/using on the old computer. To locate a FoodWorks database: Start FoodWorks on the old computer. Open the database. On the File menu, then click Database Properties. The name for the database and its location are then shown on the General tab. For more information, see the blog article, Finding your FoodWorks data.
- Make sure that you have a back-up copy of your database(s).
- Move your FoodWorks database(s) to the new computer e.g. using Windows Explorer or a USB.
B. Install FoodWorks on the new computer:
- Open your web browser.
- Navigate to www.xyris.com.au/downloads
- Follow the instructions shown to download and install FoodWorks on the new computer. (Note that you need administrator permissions for this computer.)
- Start FoodWorks: From the Windows Start menu, click FoodWorks 10.
- Click Enter Product Key and follow the prompts to enter your product key and activate FoodWorks. If you cannot locate your Product Key, call us on 07 3223 5300.
- When prompted to create or open a database, click Open.
- Navigate to the folder where your database is located. Select your existing database and click Open.
C. Un-install FoodWorks from the old computer.
You should now be ready to start work. Please feel free to call if you have any other questions.