To create a new document:
- On the toolbar, click New, then click the type of document (Sub-Recipe, Recipe or Raw Material) that you want to create.
- In the Name box, type a name for the document.
- Click the Folder button, then click the name of the folder in which you want to save the document.
- On the toolbar, click Save.
For how to enter information into the new document see Overview - Editing a document.
- To create a new folder, click the ... (ellipsis) button beside the Folder button, type the folder name, and click OK. When you save the document, the new folder is created.
- To change the template on which the document is based, click the ... (ellipsis) button beside the Based on box.
- You can also create a document from the grid in the Ingredients tab. In the Ingredient column, type new <document type>. Type the name of the document, select the required folder, then click OK.
- The types of document that you can create are based on the document templates available for this type of database. The available templates are shown when you click the New button on the toolbar. When you create a new document, a copy is made based on the template that you choose. If the type of document you need is not available, you can modify or create a template for this database. Or you might need to open a different type of database with a different set of document types. See What is a database?
- For more information on documents, see What is a document?